Because we're going to have to work together
CritParty is a collaborative font editing plugin for the Glyphs font editor. Share an editing session with friends and colleagues, and work on a font together.
It’s awesome. I don’t know what else to say about it.
Many thanks to Georg Siefert of Glyphs for helping out with the development of this plugin.
What about security?
I understand you want to be very careful about sending your fonts across the Internet. I designed CritParty with that in mind. So:
- I made the source code available so you can verify what CritParty is sending where, and you can build the plugin from source yourself to verify that it matches the source.
- CritParty does use a central “signalling server”, because it needs to establish the best way to connect the peers to each other.
- After the connection is established, font data is sent peer-to-peer where possible.
- In some circumstances, (around 14% of cases) it’s not possible to establish a direct connection between peers because of the firewalling arrangements on one or both sides, and so the font data will be relayed through the server.
- But in all circumstances, the font data is encrypted with the same level of encryption that secures your online banking.
Try it now
CritParty is in beta right now, which means if it breaks you get to keep both pieces.